Friday, April 4, 2014

OMG I am going to be 50


I read this article today that was 50 things that I should have completed before I reached 50.  As I read the items I was super excited to exclaim that I had at least 48 of the items licked.  Some of the items where to be able to fix small items in the home on my own, Understand my financials, fix a flat tire.  Then I had the eye opening realization that the reason for this article is to prepare us for being alone.  That further leads to the realization that I am old! 

Understand that I am not taking this easy.  I am not happy.  I do not want to celebrate.  I refuse to turn 50 period.  So if I don't agree to be 50 then I am not right.  After all God made us with free will right?  So my God given free will tells me that I am not going to turn 50.

In 20 days from today, I will have a Birthday. I am not celebrating it.  I have decided to try and raise 1000 jars of peanut butter in lieu of any kind of celebration.  The hungry need the food much more than I need any sort of attention on a day that I refuse to accept.  So there!

I really want to make a statement here.  I need peanut butter.  We started a couple of weeks ago and so far I only have maybe 10-12 jars.  I need more.  Can you all help me out here.  Right now Winn-Dixie is having a sale of buy one get one free.  So you can help me out by buying one for us and you can even keep the other.  You won't be out anything.  If I can raise 1000 jars of peanut butter, I just know that we together can accomplish a great thing.  The reason for Peanut butter is pretty simple.  It has a great shelf life, it is a good protein, kids like it, not refrigeration needed etc etc.  Get it people?  I know you do. 

I understand that I have become a source for people to laugh at because I am trying to raise peanut butter instead of a birthday party but anyone that knows me is aware that my husband goes way out for me and hey I understand it is because he loves me and I really appreciate that.  I really just don't want to be the center of attention for anything.  There is nothing special about me and I am a filthy rag just like us all and I don't need to celebrate having another year under my belt.  That is not to mention that I lost my Mom just a short 5 months ago and she would be turning 70 on May 6th.  If she were here that would be a celebration worth having.  She is not here and I miss her like crazy so peanut butter it is and my MOM loved peanut butter.

There is a bit of funny that I intend to express in this post so please don't think I am crazy but the point of not really wanting to turn 50 is true and my Mom loving peanut butter also very true. 

Please help me make my statement and help some wonderful hungry people too.

www.acbreeze.com is a contributor to my cause as I have made it so.  Additionally you can drop off the peanut butter at www.aaarealtyllc.com physical address of 55 Homestead Rd N Lehigh Acres FL 33936

Regards and Love To You All!!

Tammy Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment