Sunday, June 29, 2014

How do you keep cool in this weather

SW Florida is hot and humid and it seems that it is unbearable at times.  What can we do to escape the heat?  Most of us go from ac to ac and the in between is so short that it's not a big issue.  I think though that we don't force our bodies to get used to the heat at least for some of the time.  As I am typing this, I am sitting in my outside lanai and it's 82 degrees.  The shade helps and so does fans.  Sitting here I realize that it's not that bad.  I think we are all too used to air conditioning.  Our society has made it too comfortable for us.  I think in part it is due to the rush of daily life.  We take it so for granted and we rush through it.

I want to challenge you to change that habit if it's one you share with me and take some time to be in the heat.  Reflect on the many people who don't have the luxuries we have here in the great United States.  We have so much as our fingertips and it has made us too confined and we don't stretch ourselves enough to release the stresses that go along with attaining all of these "American Dream" achievements that seem to drive most of us to competing with the next guy. 

Air Conditioning uses the air in a closed area over and over and the make up air is just the same air.  Especially with all the humidity here in SW Florida, we don't want to have our homes filled with mold by leaving the ac off but there are alternatives.  There are air quality devices that can help in the home. To see some of the alternatives, check out our website ay WWW.acbreeze.net . 

Don't give up on getting used to the heat, it will help you deal with your everyday stresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment